NHS Patient Surveys
Quality Health is one of the largest providers for NHS National Patient Surveys. We work for hundreds of acute Trusts, Mental Health Trusts, and Ambulance Trusts on the patient survey programme.
Quality Health provides a friendly, personal service which minimises the work you have to do and maximises the benefit your Trust gains from the survey programme.
Why use Quality Health?
- We are proud of being a cost effective provider offering excellent value for money.
- We provide a one stop shop price for everything, with no hidden extras.
- We achieve some of the highest response rates.
- We offer a comprehensive service from simplified, concise guidance through to detailed feedback and action planning.
- We provide a named, highly experienced consultant to lead you through the survey process - available at all times.
- We guarantee speedy feedback of your results within 5 working days of close of survey.
- We offer online access to your response rates and your results.
Quality Health Patient Surveys – offering you more than the National Patient Survey
Quality Health has developed a range of "Listening to Patients" surveys in addition to the National Surveys. They are particularly helpful in setting the agenda for Quality Accounts and answering the requirements of the National Operating Framework and the Outcomes Framework, as the NPS only covers part of your services.
The surveys have been developed after extensive discussions and testing with patients, carers, service users, and managers, and analysis of the patient pathways used in each service.
Surveys undertaken recently include:
- Oncology Inpatients and Day Case Patients
- Breast Screening Services
- Breast Care Assessment Clinics
- Maternity Services
- Imaging Services
- Homeless People using GP Services
- Adolescent Mental Health Clients in residential centres
- Choose and Book programme and the reasons given by patients for making choices of acute provider for elective treatments
- Day Case Services
- Prosthetics Users
- Wheelchair Users
- Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Speech and Language Therapy users in the community and in hospital Complaints and Bereavement Services
Please get in touch to find out more.