The National Cancer Patient Experience Survey 2013 makes its mark
Following the publication of the results of the 2013 Cancer Patient Experience survey, its results have been used widely to impact on patient experience and practice. The links below are all peer reviewed publications and cancer research supported by the Cancer Patient Experience Survey programme (up to date on January 5th 2014).
- Saunders CL, Abel GA, Lyratzopoulos G. What explains worse patient experience in London? Evidence from secondary analysis of the Cancer Patient Experience Survey. BMJ Open 2014;4:e004039 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2013-004039 http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/4/1/e004039.full.pdf+html
- Abel GA, Saunders CL, Lyratzopoulos G. Cancer patient experience, hospital performance and case mix: evidence from England. Future Oncol. 2013 Dec 16. [Epub ahead of print] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24341422
- Saunders CL, Abel GA, El Turabi A, Ahmed F, Lyratzopoulos G. Accuracy of routinely recorded ethnic group information compared with self-reported ethnicity: evidence from the English Cancer Patient Experience survey. BMJ Open. 2013;3(6). pii: e002882. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2013-002882. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23811171
- Griffiths P, Simon M, Richardson A, Corner J. Is a larger specialist nurse workforce in cancer care associated with better patient experience? Cross-sectional study. J Health Serv Res Policy. 2013; 18(1):39-46 http://hsr.sagepub.com/content/18/1_suppl/39.abstract?patientinform-links=yes&legid=sphsr;18/1_suppl/39 or: http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/350058/3/HSRN%20paper%20%2528revised%2529.pd
- El Turabi A, Abel GA, Roland M, Lyratzopoulos G. Variation in reported experience of involvement in cancer treatment decision making: evidence from the National Cancer Patient Experience Survey. Br J Cancer. 2013;109(3):780-7. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23807170
- Lyratzopoulos G, Neal RD, Barbiere JM, Rubin GP, Abel GA. Variation in number of general practitioner consultations before hospital referral for cancer: findings from the 2010 National Cancer Patient Experience Survey in England. Lancet Oncol. 2012;13(4):353-65. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22365494 or http://www.phpc.cam.ac.uk/pi/files/2011/02/Variation_in_number_of_general_practitioner_consultations_doi10-1016S1470-2045-12-70041-4.doc